Sunday, March 5, 2017

Great Homeschooling Freebies


FREE HANDWRITING PRACTICEHandwriting Workbooks

I’ve been searching for some handwriting worksheets for my left-handed son to use for 4th grade.  He gets frustrated when the sample is printed on the left, because then his hand covers up what he’s trying to copy.  Not to mention that the binding of the book can get in the way. 

So after some hunting around on Pinterest, I found a great resource, and it’s FREE!  Each set of 10 practice pages gives factual information (bonus learning opportunity) on a specific topic of interest.  There are lots of topics to choose from!  In fact, there’s plenty to fill up a whole school year.  You can choose from two popular printing styles and two popular cursive styles. 

I’m printing these, laminating the cover, and binding them at the top for him to use next school year.  Great find! 

 

FREE SIMPLE MACHINES MINI-BOOKLET AND GAME

I remember when my two older kids did their elementary standardized testing that Simple Machines Game is a free printable science game for Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students to learn about the six simple machines:Wedge, Wheel & Axel, Screw, Inclined Plane, Lever, and Pulley. Great for hands on science activities, review or summer learning!the science test one year included questions about simple machines.  It wasn’t a topic we’d covered in our Sonlight science studies at that time, so it was a challenge. 

My older son reasoned it out pretty well on his own, but my daughter really struggled with those questions.  So when I stumbled upon this freebie this week to help teach and practice these concepts, I jumped on the chance to get it for my youngest son, who will probably see these questions on his test this year or next year.  This is a nice, colorful activity, and it should make learning this topic fun!

I had also picked up a great hands-on science kit a while back on simple machines, so I’ll break that out for demonstration, as well.  You might want to take a look at it for yourself!  It only cost me about $7.50 a couple of years ago, so watch for a good deal if this is what you’re looking for.

 

Just click the headers in this post for links to the freebies. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment