Sunday, April 2, 2017

Update…Our New Beginning!

So my husband, Steve, spent Thursday and Friday traveling for final job interviews with two out-of-town companies. 

On Thursday, he drove 4 hours to Herndon, VA to have a 45-minute conversation and then drove 4 hours back home again!  It went really well, though, and they let him know that they would be offering him the job.  Yay!  This is the position he wanted as a Senior General Construction Project Manager.  They said they would put their offer together and get it to him early this week.  The only thing that would keep him from taking it is if the salary is not satisfactory, but I expect it will be fine.

Then on Friday morning, I drove him to the airport for a 9:30 AM flight to Fort Worth, TX.  It was not a direct flight…he went through Charlotte, NC…so it as already a longer-than-necessary trip.  But then someone on board had a medical emergency, and they had to divert the plane to Alabama!  That delayed his arrival another 1 hr. 40 minutes, so he was very late for his interview.  Everyone was waiting in a conference room for him to arrive.  That company was really big with a state-of-the-art office facility.  He was a little overwhelmed at the size of it, and they had to make it a quick interview so he could catch his return flight back to Norfolk.  At least that was a direct flight so he landed at 10:30 PM.  Two very long days!  But they also confirmed that they would be offering him the job and would get an offer letter to him early this week.

In the meantime, I took the kids out to dinner Friday night in the middle of a horrendous storm, and everyone’s phones were going off about every 1/2 hour with emergency alerts.  There was a tornado just up the road from my house, and it did a huge amount of damage nearby.  I was so afraid Steve’s flight would get delayed again due to weather, but the storm stopped about an hour before he landed.  Crisis averted!  And I was so thankful that we weren’t affected by the storm.  There was total devastation to a lot of homes, and I feel so bad for everyone affected.  Tornados don’t happen too often around here.

We had so much rain that our baseball practices were canceled on Saturday morning.  We were all out of whack with everything that had been going on, and I totally forgot we had tickets to the Barnum and Bailey circus in Hampton last night!  My teenager walked through and mentioned it while I was thawing meat for dinner, so I threw it in the fridge, and we all ran out to the van to get there as fast as we could!  We were about 30 minutes late, but we made it!  I didn’t want to miss the final performance of Ringling Brothers EVER!  It was fun, and I’m glad we made it.

So now we’re looking at houses in Front Royal in earnest!  Our vacation next week is going to turn into a house-hunting trip!  I’m incredibly excited about it.  I found my new favorite house…this is IT!

276 Deerhaven Rd, Front Royal, VA 22630

It has an amazing kitchen with a 6-burner gas stove with double oven and griddle top!

276 Deerhaven Rd, Front Royal, VA 22630

And the winter view is incredible!  What a winter wonderland!

276 Deerhaven Rd, Front Royal, VA 22630

This is definitely going to be the FIRST house I go see next week!  I’ve been getting all of my ducks in a row in preparation.  I got in touch with my loan officer to get pre-qualified so we’d be all set to know what we can look at while we’re in town.

So now we’re just awaiting those offers to come in…and the Herndon offer most importantly.  I’m anxious to see if the salary will be what we’re expecting or not.  I really don’t think it will be a problem, though.  My dream house is 54 minutes from what will be Steve’s new office, 15 minutes from the church we attend there, and only 10 minutes from town where I can grocery shop and run errands.  *Perfect!*

So stay tuned…Red heart

No comments:

Post a Comment